Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week 8 EOC: The Adventure

One dreary afternoon, while adventuring around the world in eighty days, I, Phileas Fogg,  was traveling high above the vast green valleys of Ireland in my hot air balloon.  While enjoying the scenery from above, I noticed something strange below.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I could clearly see that there was trouble in a small village not to far away.  Once I grabbed my telescope, I could see that the town was being ransacked by a band of thieves.  Before I knew it, the thieves had spotted me as well and they began firing arrows at the hot air balloon. Next thing I knew, my balloon was making a fast decent in to the village, so I prepared myself for the impact and tried to take out as many of the thieves as I could using a bow and arrows of my own that I had picked up during my travels.  I managed to take out six of the men before tumbling along with the balloon into a large crowd of the other thieves.  Upon collecting myself, I realized that I had managed to knock out most of the remaining thieves and scare the rest away.  While I tried to pick myself up and dust myself off, I realized that I had been crunching something rather tasty around in my mouth.  I looked down to notice a broken basket of delicious buttery and crunchy breadsticsk lying on the rubble of my hot air balloon with just a small bite taken out of one.  On the moment of impact, I must have tumbled across the basket and caught a bite.  When I asked the villagers what it was I was eating, they chuckled because of the irony and simply shouted a "Champs Breadstick!"

 


No comments:

Post a Comment